This morning at Woodstone, many received either their first or second round of COVID-19 vaccines. Receiving the COVID-19 vaccination follows with many emotions. Many of the residents felt a sense of excitement along with nerves. To see that we as a community are taking the right steps to getting towards a sense of normalcy, which has been a long time coming for many of us who have had to adjust our daily lives due to COVID-19.
Woodstone has partnered with Thrifty White Pharmacy to administer COVID-19 vaccinations to our residents. On site today, Pharmacist Jenny Peterson had some comments that she shared with me about the COVID-19 vaccination.
- “Most people don’t jump on the idea of getting their flu shot, but when it comes to the COVID-19 vaccine they’re the first in line.”
- “The pharmacists at Thrifty White having been putting in hours and hours of overtime ever since COVID-19 had appeared.”
- “We are expecting a great number of phone calls in the upcoming months and it will be true madness.”
Even though this is a very busy season for Jenny and her team at Thrifty White, they are expecting great outcomes with more of the population getting vaccinated. They are excited to get things rolling so that we can start taking steps in the right direction again.
Speaking with one of our Woodstone residents Sid, he had many feelings about receiving his first COVID-19 vaccination today.
- “I’m accepting the COVID-19 vaccine and hoping for the best and I don’t think it’s going to hurt me.”
- “I’m not afraid of the vaccine, but when you watch television they show you the negative side of things.”
Sid is being open minded and hopes that everything will be somewhat back to normal by this summer and is trusting the experts. He feels that after his vaccine his lifestyle won’t change too much in the short-term, but is hoping it will have a positive impact in the long-term for our community. Woodstone is happy to be taking this next step to protect our residents.